Audience research

To conduct my audience research I created a questionnaire. This contained both open and closed questions.
The closed questions would provide me with quantitative data that I would be able to compare and the open questions gave me qualitative data that allowed me to see people's opinions.





Results
 80% of the participants identified as female. This therefore, fits my demographic as my target audience is primarily female. As a result, I have reached my target audience and their feedback will make sure that my ancillary texts and music video are catering to their needs.
However, 20% of the participants were also Male. This means that I will also get some feedback from people who particularly don't listen to pop music but other data (such as Skynet and Ebert, 2016) shows that some males do listen to pop music. 
The age demographic also fits my target audience. 80% of participants were between 16 and 21. This means that the feedback gained will help me design my products so that it is best suited to the target audience.
20% of participants were over the age of 28. This means that a more mature audience also contributes to the watching of music videos.

90% of participants use social media multiple times a day and 10% use it at least once a day. Therefore, I will include my artist's social media on the magazine advert as many major label artists (who typically create pop music) have a large social media/online presence. Therefore, it would be logical for my artist to be the same.
90% of participants listen to music every day. Therefore, using this information I can find out how people prefer to listen to their music so I know where to tell the target audience where they can listen/buy to the artist's album. This information will be displayed on the magazine advert.





50% of participants listen to their music on Spotify, 10% on apple music and 20% on YouTube. Therefore, 80% of participants stream their music. Therefore, it would be logical to advertise my products on different streaming sites. However, 10% listen on the radio and 10% use different apps on their phone (possible illegal download apps).
10% of people watch music videos a few times a week and 30% of people only watch music videos about once a week, a few times a month and less than once a month. Therefore, to make sure that my music video is successful it will need advertising (hence, the magazine advert) & social media advertising (as 90% of the participants use social media multiple times a day).
20% sometimes read magazines, 50% rarely read magazines and 30% never read magazines. Therefore, it would be important for my artist to be advertised across different mediums (e.g. social media platforms). 

60% of participants watch music videos on their phone. This therefore, means that apps like YouTube and Spotify are easily accessible and therefore, more likely to be viewed. However, 10% watch music videos on their TV, on their Playstation (or other gaming hardware), and 20% on their computer. Therefore, it shows that Youtube and music channels, such as MTV, are available across different devices. This will therefore make it more likely for my product to be seen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychographics of pop music and genre

Demographics of pop music and genre